Welcome to the map service page. This tool will provide you with the code needed to display or link to the U.S. Drought Monitor on your website. Use the following menus to customize the map for your needs. Once all of the options have been chosen, click Submit to get your map information.
Select the map with the features you would like to see.
Choose a spatial scale.
Choose a specific location.
Note: This map type is only available for the United States.
Choose the current map, or pick a date for a historical map.
Color or Black and White
Choose color or black and white.
Choose from one of three file formats.
Six different map types are available:
- Traditional Statistics - Map includes a statistics table with traditional USDM statistics.
- Categorical Statistics - Map includes a statistics table with categorical USDM statistics.
- Additional Text - Map does not include a statistics table, but includes other text such as the legend, author, etc.
- Date Only - The map date is the only text displayed on the map.
- No Text - The map contains no text.
- Main Map - This is the main USDM map which appears on the home page. This map type includes impact labels.
Two color schemes are available:
- Color - Map uses the standard USDM color scheme.
- Black and White - Map uses a black and white color scheme.
More information about color schemes can be found on the Metadata page.
If you would like to display the current U.S. Drought Monitor map select the "Current" option from the drop down list. This map will be updated weekly when the new U.S. Drought Monitor is released.
If you would like to display a map from a specific date, select the desired date from the drop down list.